Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Poinsettia Petals Thank you Card

 Hello and welcome to the beginning of my 12 Projects of Christmas series for 2021.  Today I am featuring Poinsettia Petals. I made two cards utilizing the stamps and dies.  The card design is cased from Marisa Alvarez.  The first card has the poinsettia petals stamped in Cherry Cobbler and colored in with the light Real Red Stampin’ Blends marker.  The leaves are stamped in Mossy Meadow and colored with the light Mossy Meadow Blends marker.  I cut the sprigs fromBumblebee cardstock and covered them in Wink of Stella.For the center of the poinsettia, I first colored with the Bumblebee Stampin’ Write marker, then added three Decorative matte dots to the center.  The splatter is done in Mossy Meadow and comes from the Merriest Moments stamp set.  The strips of Designer Series Paper are from Heartwarming Hugs and the gingham piece is 1 1/4 x 4”, the striped piece is 3x 2”.  You can see how I made this card by watching here https://youtu.be/SsXTpISGacY 


The second card uses Designer Series Paper and dimensions.  Instead of coloring, I stamped Cherry Cobbler on Real Red for the poinsettia petals and Mossy Meadow on Pear Pizzazz cardstock for the leaves.  The sprigs are cut from the gold brushed metallic cardstock.  The solid flower center is cut from Bumblebee and overlayed with the detailed flower center also cut from the brushed metallic cardstock.

This is the inside of both cards.

Thank you for stopping by my blog today.  I hope you liked what you saw.  I will be posting projects daily for the next twelve days to complete the twelve projects of Christmas.  Please join me over on my Facebook page at KnT Designs by Teresa for live videos featuring the 12 Projects of Christmas at 7:45 pm PDT each night excluding Mondays and Wednesdays.

Until Thursday; be happy, stay healthy and happy stamping!

Teresa

No comments: