Monday, April 1, 2019

Animal Outing 1st Birthday card

Today's project is inspired by a card I saw on Pinterest by craft-somniamomma.  I changed it up just a bit.  I made this little card for my grandson's first birthday.  It features the Animal Outing bundle which includes the Animal Outing stamp set and the matching Animal Friends thinlet dies which when purchased in the bundle 148324 saves you 10%.  The card base is is a standard A2 card base in thick whisper white.  The Designer Series Paper (DSP) layer is from the Tropic Escape 6x6 DSP stack and is cut at 5 3/8" by 4 1/8".  The focal image layer is cut at 5" x 3 3/4".  I stamped the balloon image from Hand Delivered (host set  availabe with a qualifying workshop or purchase of $150 or more) and colored with my Stampin' blends in pineapple punch 147280, balmy blue, soft sea foam 148059, poppy parade 147275, calypso coral 144045, granny apple green 147274, mango melody 147945,  and bermuda bay 144600.  I used the combo pack of each color to give them depth.  The 1st comes from Making a Difference stamp set 146676.  The balloon strings are hand drawn as a I had to mask off the hands under the balloons and I had a few smudges which I corrected with the strings!  The rhino and giraffe are stamped from the Animal Outing set and are stamped and then colored using my blends.  For the giraffe I used dark cajun craze and the light pumpkin pie 144578.  I stamped the giraffe using cajun craze rather than the Momento tuxedo black I used for the rhino and the balloons.  The rhino is colored in with the smokey slate combo 145058 and light petal pink 146866 for the nostril and ears.  To color his horn, I first put a fine layer of light smokey slate around the outside, then used my color lifter 144608 to push the color toward the center.  The little bird uses the pool party combo 144605 and light calypso coral for the beak.  I die cut the giraffe and popped him up with stampin' dimensionals 104430. 


For the inside of my card I used the Birthday Banners stamp set 141506.  It's stamped in the coordinating colors of the DSP stack of shaded spruce and granny apple green.  I stamped the candle in balmy blue and used pineapple punch and mango melody for the flame.

Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my blog.  It's very much appreciated and I hope you've been inspired.  Please leave me a comment, I'd love to hear from you.  If you would like to purchase any of the products I've used today, please click on the shopping basket in the upper right.  It will take you directly to my online store where you can shop 24/7.  I'd love to earn your business.

Well, it's time to go.  I'll talk with you soon.  Make it a great day and happy stamping!

No comments: