Thursday, April 4, 2019

Amazing Happy Life card

This card is inspired by Dena Rekow of the Creativity Cave.  I watched a Facebook live where she created a similar card.  This card features the Amazing Life bundle (150624) which includes the stamp set (148750) and the Rectangle Stitched Framelit dies (148551).  If you don't have these dies in your stash, you are missing out.  They have stitching on both the inside cut and the outside cut which you can see if you look closely at the card photo.  I began with a card base in gray granite.  To make my focal image, I first stamped the large sentiment in the center of a layer of whisper white.  I then cut the sentiment out with a die from the stitched rectangle die framelits which are included in the Amazing Life bundle.  if purchased together, you save 10% when using the bundle order code.  This left me with a white frame.  To this I repeatedly stamped one of the flowers from the Amazing Life stamp set and turned it in different directions so it didn't look so uniform.  I colored both the sentiment and the flowers with my watercolor pencils (141709).  I added the frame to the card base, then adhered the sentiment piece to the frame opening using Stampin' dimensionals to add some depth and create interest.  This card is fun, easy and quick to make. 

For my envelope, I stamped the same flower on the envelope flap and colored some randomly with my watercolor pencils.  I'm hoping the recipient will be excited to receive this little bit of happy mail.
Thank you so much for taking time from your busy day to stop by my blog.  Please leave me a comment, I would love to hear from you.  If you would like to purchase any of these items, just click on the shopping cart to the right.  It will take you directly to my online store where you can make a purchase.  I would very much appreciate it.

It's time to run, I hope you will make it a great day and happy stamping!

No comments: