Thursday, April 18, 2019

Best Catch love never gives up guy card

Today's project I made with my husband in mind.  He loves to fish, although he hasn't been in quite some time.  I made the card and left it for him to open while I was away on a craft retreat, so he would know I was thinking of him.  It features the Best Catch bundle (150605) which consists of the Best Catch stamp set (148598 and Catch of the Day framelits (148815).  When you purchase it with the bundle code, you save 10% but only through June 3, 2019.  Should this set carry over into the 2019-2020 annual catalog, it will no longer be offered as a bundle, so be sure to order yours today.

The card base on this card is tranquil tide.  I stamped the fisherman and sentiment in Momento black ink on a piece of Wood Textures designer series paper.  I love how it looks with this particular piece.  The fish is stamped in Momento black ink (132708) then colored with the Stampin' Blends markers.  For this I used dark balmy blue (148542), light night of navy (144036), light (146876) and dark granny apple green (146877), light bermuda bay (144580), dark petal pink (146871) and light smoky slate (145054).  I added wink of stella (141897) to some areas just to make him sparkle in some areas.  I then cut the image out with the coordinating framelits using the Big Shot (143263).


I stamped and cut the "fly" from the same stamp and die bundle for the inside of my card.  It is also colored with Stampin' Blends markers.  For this one I used many of the same colors but added some calypso coral light (144042) and dark 144044). 
Thank you for taking time from your busy day to stop by my blog.  It's very much appreciated.  Please leave me a comment, I would love to hear from you.  If you would like to purchase any of the items I've used today, please click on the shopping cart in the upper right.  It will take you directly to my online store where you can shop 24/7.  I would love to earn your business.

I hope you've been inspired today.  Until next time, make it a great day and happy stamping!



No comments: