Monday, March 18, 2019

This Little Piggy is growing up birthday card

Hello everyone!  I just had to share this card today.  It was designed and made by my 14-year-old granddaughter Kaitlyn for her mom’s birthday.  She did the majority of the work, all of the design, coloring and fussy cutting.  I am thrilled with the way this turned out.  I picked her up after school, we came home and she got started working straight away.  When she was finished, she was ready to go home.  Her mom gets a lovely card and I got to spend some quality crafting time with my granddaughter.  It was a win-win.  The stamp set she chose is called This Little Piggy.  The sentiment comes from Itty Bitty Birthdays.  The flowers were die cut from Gorgeous Grape cardstock using the Bouquet Bunch framelits.  The grass is cut from a retired framelit set which was part of the Basket Bunch bundle.  Her card base is Highland Heather, with a layer of Soft Sky (retired) and a piece of the Highland Heather gingham Designer Series Paper from Gingham Gala 6x6 Designer Series Paper stack.  She used a bit of Wink of Stella on the cloud which is also from This Little Piggy.  She colored the pig with Stampin’ Blends in Petal Pink (combo), Ivory for her nose and light Crumb Cake on the hooves.  I think she did a fabulous job for her first time using the blends.  She then fussy cut out the pig and popped her up on stampin’ dimensionals.




I should have taken a photo of the inside of the card, but forgot.  Inside she used the Making a Difference stamp set to spell out Kinda, then added lol and jk (just joking).  Her mom got a laugh out of the sentiment she made.

I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s project and are inspired to create something of your own.  Please leave a comment, we’d love to hear from you.  If you want to purchase any Stampin’ Up! Supplies, I would be grateful for your business.  Please click on the shopping cart in the upper right.  It will take you directly to my online store.  Thanks for stopping by my blog today, make it a great day and happy stamping!

No comments: