Saturday, February 19, 2022

A bouquet of 3D Daffodil cards

 This is the second round of projects I showed during the FB Live on 02-15-22.  You can watch the replay here which will show you how I put these daffodils together: https://youtu.be/5SRsVDEiEAY 

For this card, I cut the daffodil dies from the Simply Marbleous Designer Series Paper (DSP) which is only available through the end of February 2022 during Saleabration and is free with a $50 purchase.  I used the yellow piece and cut the base layers from the marbled side of the paper and the detail pieces for each flower from the more satin looking side.  The stems and leaves are cut from the New Horizons DSP which can be found in the January-June 2022 mini catalog.  For the sentiment piece, I punched a piece of bumblebee with the Tailored Tag punch and the other from Basic White.  I cut the Bumblebee piece in half horizontally and then adhered to the back of the white. (I show this on the video.)  The sentiment comes from Dragonfly Garden.  The card base is an A2 size (5 1/2 x 8 1/2" scored at 4 1/4" in Evening Evergreen.  The base layer is 4 x 5 1/4" then embossed with the Stitched Greenery die.  I added a piece of the Evening Evergreen organdy ribbon and a bumblebee trinket to finish it off.

For the inside I stamped the images from Daffodil Daydream in Basic Black (butterflies) and Garden Green (scroll border).  The butterflies were colored with the Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends.  Dark on the outside, light on the inside.  The inside Basic White piece is cut at 3 5/8 x 4 7/8".

For my final card, I cut the daffodil pieces in Shimmery White cardstock and used Daffodil Delight ink with my blending brushes to get the color.  I inked the base pieces lighter than the detail pieces to get the variation in color.  I did the same with the stems and leaves using Pear Pizzaz ink.  I added these to a piece of Basic White 3 3/4 x 5" which I stamped with an image from Dragonfly Garden and colored with Stampin' Blends in Evening Evergreen, Flirty Flamingo, Pale Papaya and Daffodil Delight.  I again used the Tailored Tag punch for the sentiment piece this time in Flirty Flamingo and Basic White.  

Well, that's it for this time.  To place an order, click on the shopping cart in the upper right.  I'd love to earn your business, it helps to bring these tutorials to you.  Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts.

Until next time; be happy, stay healthy and happy stamping!
Teresa

No comments: