Thursday, February 17, 2022

Daffodil Daydream Medley of Cards

 During my FB Live Tuesday, I made several cards and showed how to use the Daffodil Daydream bundle of products by Stampin' Up! along with the Daffodil Afternoon Designer Series Paper (DSP) which you can earn for free with a qualifying purchase through the end of February 2022.  You can watch the live replay on my YouTube page here: https://youtu.be/5SRsVDEiEAY 

This is one of the cards we made.  It is a simple card with a big impact, I think.  
Measurements: A2 card base in Daffodil Delight, Daffodil Afternoon DSP 4 x 5 1/4", Flirty Flamingo focal layer 3 1/8 x 4 1/8" and Shimmery White cardstock for the focal image 3 x 4".  Stampin' Blends markers for coloring in Daffodil Delight and Evening Evergreen.  White baker's twine colored with the dark Flirty Flamingo blend.  
Inside layer is Basic White cardstock cut at 3 5/8 x 4 7/8".  This is the layer I use for the inside of my cards most often as I can get five of them from one sheet of cardstock.  The sentiment comes from A Wish for Everything.  It can be found in the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog and has coordinating dies called Word Wishes dies which cover most holidays.  Be sure to check those out!  


Supplies and measurements:  A2 card base in Mint Macaron, Daffodil Afternoon DSP 4 x 5 1/4", Encircled in Beauty die cut in Flirty Flamingo, largest Layering Circle die in Basic White using a partial die cut technique. (see video for how to)  Stampin' Blends in Mossy Meadow, Flirty Flamingo and Daffodil Delight.  Wink of Stella pen on flower centers.  Bumble Trinkets and Crinkled Seam Binding ribbon.  The thanks is cut from Basic black using the Well Written dies (retired), but you could use the Amazing Thanks dies which are current and in my online store.  I cut three out and layered them on top of each other using our adhesive sheets on the back of the black cardstock prior to die cutting.

For my final card today, I started with an A2 card base in Mint Macaron, then added a Daffodil Afternoon base layer 4 x 5 1/4".   Using the Stitched Rectangles dies, I cut the rectangle which is approximately 2 1/4 x 3 1/2" in Basic White.  Sentiments are from Special Moments and stamped in Momento Tuxedo black ink.  I cut the largest oval from the Beautiful Shapes dies in Pale Papaya and layered on the rectangle.  The darling kangaroo is from Count on Me.  I colored her using the newly released Natural Tones Collection of Stampin' Blends Markers in SU 400 and SU 1000.  The flower she's holding is colored with Pale Papaya and Mossy Meadow. 
For the inside of the card I used the stitched rectangle die which is closest to 3 5/8 x 4 
7/8".  I stamped the bear from Count on Me and colored it with SU 300.  I just love the new options available in the Natural Tones collection of markers!  The heart is colored with Flirty Flamingo and her clothes were paper pieced using the Daffodil Afternoon DSP.  I show how I did this in the video.  

Well, that's all for me today.  Thanks for stopping by!  To place an order, click on the shopping cart in the upper right corner.  I'd love to earn your business!  Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you. 
 
Until next time; be happy, stay healthy and happy stamping!
Teresa

No comments: