Thursday, February 10, 2022

Calming Camillia medley of cards

 Welcome and thank you for stopping by my blog.  Today I have some projects I've made with the Calming Camillia stamp set by Stampin' Up!  You can't purchase this set; however, you can earn it for free during Sale-a-Bration which runs through February, 2022.  With a qualifying purchase of $300 and/OR with a $300 workshop (collective orders with your friends) you will receive this stamp set.  But hurry, the end of the month is coming quickly.  I hope you enjoy my projects today.  If you would to see the replay of how I made these cards, you can watch it on my YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/HXouss4uzYw 


This first card uses So Saffron for the card base and the focal image layer.  The pattern paper or DSP is from the Simply Marbleous DSP pack which is a Sale-a-bration free choice with a $50 purchase.  I stamped the image from Calming Camillia in Highland heather and the sentiment in Momento Tuxedo black ink.  The sentiment is stamped on a 1/2" piece of the same DSP using the reverse side of the pattern paper.  The focal image was stamped and then die cut using the large rectangle found in Nature's Thoughts dies #153586.  I used the same die on all three projects.   These dies can be found in my online store and in the 2021-2022 annual catalog by Stampin' Up!  I colored the flower stamen in Daffodil Delight using Stampin' Blends markers. 

My second card features a card base, base layer and stamped flower image all in Flirty Flamingo.  Again, the pattern paper is from the same Simply Marbleous 6 x 6 paper pack.  I stamped the sentiment of this image in Basic Gray, again on the reverse side of the DSP.  

For my third project, I wanted to showcase a different way of of showcasing the flowers.  These flowers were stamped in Basic Gray, then colored with the Stampin' Blends alcohol markers in Flirty Flamingo and Old Olive.  I love the results!  It takes a bit more work than the previous two, but is well worth the effort.  Of course, you could complete this project in a multitude of colors and have beautiful results without a lot of work.  The sentiment on this card came from the Simply Succulents stamp set stamped in Basic Gray, but you could use any sentiment to make this a card for any occasion.  I love the versatility of this stamp set.  I finished all three projects off using the Brushed Brass Butterfly embellishments.  I think they are the perfect finishing touch.  

Measurements:
Card base 5 1/2 x 8 1/2", scored in the middle at 4 1/4" 
Simply Marbleous DSP layer 4x 5 1/4"
Smaller focal image layer 3 x 4 1/2"
Sentiment layer 1/2" by approximately 2 7/8"

Until next time; be happy, stay healthy and happy stamping!
Teresa

1 comment:

Tracy Grauer said...

Your cards are beautiful! What a lovely stamp.