Saturday, February 12, 2022

Driving By Spiral Dye

 Today's project is one of my favorites.  I love how this one turned out.  I wasn't going to get the Spiral Dye stamp set but am glad I did.  This project also uses the Sale-a-bration stamp set Driving By.  You can choose this stamp set for free with a qualifying purchase of $50.  You can shop my online store by clicking on the shopping cart in the upper right.  You can watch how I put this card together by watching my YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/HXouss4uzYw 


I started this card by stamping out my vintage van in Momento Tuxedo black ink on Basic White cardstock and also on a piece of Pattern Party Designer Series Paper.  I then colored the van with my Stampin' Blends in Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Grey Granite and Basic Black.  I cut out the lower and upper portions of the van from the DSP and then glued them into place onto of my colored van.  This technique is known as paper piecing.  I then fussy cut out the van and set it aside.  The sentiment was stamped on Basic White using Bermuda Bay ink and die cut with a die from the newly released Beautiful Shapes dies.  The "road" was stamped using a stamp from Gumball Greetings, inked in Basic Gray on Basic White cardstock, then trimmed on both sides to approximately 1/2".  The Spiral Dye stamped was stamped on a quarter sheet of Basic White cardstock using Versamark clear ink, then embossed using white embossing powder.  I then used Bermuda Bay, Real Red and Pumpkin Pie inks with the blending brushes to brush on the color.  The finishing touch for this card features the Pebbles Enamel Shapes released in the Jan-June 2022 mini catalog.  I love the added touch these bring to the card.  

 

This is the inside view of the card, the sentiment comes from Free as a Bird.  

Measurements:  

Card Base in Pool Party cardstock cut to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2"
Base Layer 4 x 5 1/4" in Bermuda Bay
Focal image layer 3 7/8 x 5 1/8" in Basic White (I started with a quarter sheet of cardstock, stamped and colored, then cut down to this size)
Inside layer 3 5/8x 4 7/8" Basic White
Stamp sets used: Spiral Dye, Driving By and Free as a Bird
Pattern Party DSP (free using Stampin' Rewards of $18, received with an order or workshop of at least $180)
Stampin' Blends in Bermuda Bay, Grey Granite, Daffodil Delight, Pool Party and Basic Black
Inks: Versamark clear ink, Bermuda Bay, Real Red and Pumpkin Pie

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope I've inspired you.  If you wish to purchase any items, click on the shopping cart in the upper right.  I'd love to earn your business.  Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you.

Until next time; be happy, stay healthy and happy stamping!
Teresa

No comments: