Monday, February 11, 2019

You make me happy heart bokeh

Today’s project features a technique Jenn Houston from the Artsy Fartsy Gallery showed on her Facebook Live.  She had gotten the heart bokeh idea from a friend.  I loved the idea and so I’ve reproduced it on this card.  I started with a card base in Balmy Blue and embossed it with the Hardwood Planks embossing folder.  The bokeh panel is on a 3 3/4x5 piece of Whisper White cardstock.  I used sponge daubers to sponge on Flirty Flamingo, Lovely Lipstick and Petal Pink ink randomly.  I cut the larger hearts in scrap cardstock from the Be Mine Stitched Framelits and the tiny heart from the Well Written framelit dies (a fabulous set by the way).  I then used the negative piece to sponge Whisper White craft ink through the openings randomly all over the cardstock and set it aside to dry.  The heart focal image features the Be Mine scalloped stitched die cut in Lovely Lipstick foil which is currently a Sale-a-Bration item you can only get for free, but hurry as stock is getting low and once it’s gone, it will no longer be available.  I stamped the inside heart in Momento ink on Whisper White and colored it in with my Stampin’ Blends markers in Balmy Blue, Granny Apple Green and Lovely Lipstick.  Again, I cut it out using the same die I used to cut the scalloped foil heart.

The sentiment comes from the coordinating stamp set Meant to Be and can be purchased as a bundle to save you 10% until June 3, 2019.  I masked off the word happy in the sentiment so I could use the Well Written framelit dies to cut out the larger happy die cut.  I used a layer of clear Wink of Stella and then covered with a layer of the fine tip glue pen and set it aside to dry which gave me the look of an epoxy sticker.  This is one of my new favorite technique for some die cuts.  I placed a small piece of the Whisper White flax ribbon which is available in the Occasions catalog.


I hope you’ve enjoyed my project today and that I’ve inspired you to create something of your own or CASE my project.  With Valentines Day coming, this would make a great Valentines for someone you love or perhaps even an anniversary card or just because.  If you need any of the supplies I’ve used today, I would love it if you would shop my online store by clicking on the shopping cart in the upper right.  Better yet, if you would like to earn a discount on all future purchases, please join my team.  I’d be happy to have you.  Sale-a-Bration is the very best time to join as you get $175 in product for $99 or you can choose to spend $129 and receive $175 in product and an awesome logo’d  craft bag.  All details can be found at teresaharper.stampinup.net.

Please leave me a comment, I’d love to hear from you.  Until next time, make it a great day and happy stamping.

No comments: