Friday, February 8, 2019

Hey Love lollipop treat holder

I put together these treat holders after seeing a video by Darcy of Rejoice and Create.  You can check out her video over on YouTube.  I decided to use up some retired Designer Series Paper I had on hand.  I made up 34 lollipop holders.  I then decorated them with the Hey Love stamp set by Stampin’ Up! using the skunk and crocodile (or alligator) from the set.  I colored them using my Stampin’ Blends markers (which I absolutely love).  Colors used are Balmy Blue combo, Lovely Lipstick light, Granny Apple Green combo, Basic Black combo, Smokey Slate light and Ivory markers.  I fussy cut out each critter and mounted on a heart cut with the Be Mine Stitched framelits in Real Red.  The sentiment is also from Hey Love and stamped in Momento tuxedo black ink on Whisper White as are the critters.

Here is a closer look at the critters.  To ensure I didn’t lose the facial features of the skunk, I used the Stamperatus to stamp each skunk on a square piece of cardstock big enough to stamp four by rotating the cardstock then stamping until all four were on the cardstock.  I then colored each skunk and after I was finished coloring, I put the squares back on my Stamperatus and restarted each skunk, thereby ensuring the facial features were not lost in the coloring.  It also gave more definition to the body.

Thank you for stopping by my blog today.  I hope I’ve inspired you to do something creative.  Please leave me a comment, I would love to hear from you.  If you would like to purchase any supplies, please click on the shopping cart in the upper right.  It will take you directly to my online store.  Happy stamping!

1 comment:

Tracy Grauer said...

So cute! The kiddos will love them! Glad you got them done!