Monday, February 25, 2019

Love is a cup of tea

Tea Together is one of the stamp sets which first caught my eye in the Occasions catalog.  I love it, but wasn’t going to get it because it needed framelits to go along with it and I kept the retired set from a couple of years back which is called Have a Cuppa.  Stampin’ Up! didn’t disappoint!  The framelits are offered in the Sale-a-Bration catalog as a FREE item!  It doesn’t get much better than that in my book.  The teapot and cup are colored with Stampin’ Blends markers in Pool Party light and dark.  The flowers are colored with Flirty Flamingo light and dark and Pineapple Punch light and dark markers.  I used the coordinating framelits to cut them out.  My card base is Flirty Flamingo.  Did you notice the marbled background layer?  This comes from the Petal Promenade Designer Series Paper which has one side of each sheet in flowers and the opposite side has marbled backgrounds.  It is perfect for this card.  The sentiment is from the same Tea Together stamp set.  It is stamped on a piece of Whisper White and cut out using the Stitched Labels framelits which I’ve altered to fit the sentiment.  The scalloped border is from the Be Mine Stitched framelits available in the Occasions catalog.  The lace doily is from the colored doilies pack.  You get 24 doilies in four colors, Flirty Flamingo, Coastal Cabana, Grapefruit Groce and Old Olive for $4.50. They are white on the reverse side so you can easily ink them with Stampin’ Blends, sponges/sponge dauber to make them any color to fit your project.  I used the Coastal Cabana here.  If coordinates quite nicely.


The photo below shows how I masked off the area to stop the flowers on the body of the teapot.  I first stamped the teapot on a Post-It note paper, then used the framelits to cut out the teapot.  Next I used my paper snips to trim out the inside area.  I keep this mask inside the stamp set for future use.


This card could be used as a birthday card, Mother’s Day card or just because.  I love how it turned out.

Thanks for taking time from our busy day to stop by my blog.  Please leave me a comment.  I’d love to hear from you.  If you would like to purchase any of the items I’ve used today, please click on the shopping cart in the upper right.  Until March 31, for every $50 you spend on product, you will earn a free Sale-a-Bration item.  If you spend $100, you can choose two level 1 items or one level 2 item which would earn you the Team Time framelits if you so choose.

2 comments:

Tracy Grauer said...

I look at this card every day in my studio and thank God for you, my creative friend! I love this card and you!

KnT Designs by Teresa said...

You are very welcome my friend. So glad it gives you joy.