Monday, February 18, 2019

Butterfly Gala with marble and ghosting techniques

This card turned out so beautifully.  It could be used for most any occasion including Valentines Day.  To make the background, I stamped my butterfly images on glossy white card in Versamark ink.  I then used alcohol on a cotton swab and added two drops each of Coastal Cabana, Balmy Blue and Bermuda Bay, tapping lightly all over the card until I was happy with the color.  To finish it off, I added a pearlized doily.  My sentiment is from the same stamp set and stamped in Bermuda Bay ink on a Decorative Label punch out inked around the edges with Coastal Cabana ink.  The final element is a stamped butterfly from the Butterfly Gala set, stamped in Moment black ink and sponged with dauber using the same three inks used in the background.  I used the Butterfly Duet punch to punch it out.  The stamp set and punch can be purchased separately or as a bundle which saves you 10%.  Finally, the focal image is mounted on a standard A2 card base in Bermuda Bay.  I was very pleased with the final result as the background started out as a play around with the ghosting technique, then just seeing what would happen if I added the marbling technique as well.  I did find lighter colors work better than the dark, or at least in my play.




Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking time from your busy day.  It’s very much appreciated.  Click on the shopping cart in the upper right to go to my online store where you can order any Stampin’ Up! supplies you might want.  It’s Sale-a-Bration time until March 31 which means you can earn free product for each $50 in product you purchase.  Details can be found in my online store.  Should you have any questions, feel free to leave me a comment and I’ll be happy to answer them for you.

Please leave me a comment and give me your thoughts.  Make it a great day and happy stamping!
Teresa


No comments: