Saturday, October 1, 2016

Fairy birthday celebration frame card

I was totally inspired by a video I saw on Youtube by Amanda Fowler with Inspiring Inkin on how to make this fairly celebration card.  This is my version.  I added a little more color but left it mostly the same.  I made this card for my granddaughter's 12th birthday.  She loved it!  It uses the Fairy Celebration (141554) stamp set.  I inked the focal image in stazon black ink on shimmery white cardstock.  I then watercolored the image using calypso coral for the flowers, watermelon wonder for the toadstool, garden green for the grass and stems, pool party for the shirt, island indigo for the skirt and pool party and island indigo on the fairy wings.  I then fussy cut out the image leaving a small area on the bottom below the grass.  I then scored at the bottom and folded the score line so I could easily adhere my image to the inside of the frame.  I stamped the wings a second time and fussy cut those out.  I put a very small amount of multipurpose liquid glue along the left side of the wings and adhered only the edge down.  I then folded up the wing for some added dimension.  The diecuts are from the Flourish Thinlets (141478) and cut in pool party and calypso coral cardstock.  I snipped the flower and berries from the calypso coral diecut and adhered with multipurpose liquid glue to the pool party diecut for some added color.  I used wink of stella to give some added shimmer on the fair wings, the calypso coral flower tips on the diecut and the spots on the toadstool.



For the inside, I stamped another fairy on whisper white, colored her in pool party and stamped the wings a second time.  I then punched those out with the bitty butterfly punch and adhered them down with a glue dot in the center which allowed me to fold the wings up for some added dimension.
I hope you are inspired to make one of your own.  It was a lot of fun to make and although the card looks difficult, it really isn't, especially with the wonderful directions provided by Amanda Fowler.  Please leave me a comment, I'd love to hear from you.  Thanks for stopping by my blog today and happy stamping!

No comments: