Friday, October 28, 2016

Grateful Artistic Texture journal

I was inspired to make this journal for my friends after the idea on Pinterest by Sue Plote, This Pink Rooster.  She used the mini treat bag thinlets to cut the holes for binding the booklet together.  I used a piece of crumb cake cardstock for the cover and regular copy paper for the inside pages.  Stamp sets used are Touches of Texture (141934) and Awesomely Artistic (139950).  The outside images are stamped in cajun craze ink.  The dragonfly, flower and sentiment are stamped in basic black archival ink.  I colored the flowers with Stampin' Write markers in crushed curry, cajun craze and basic black.  The dragon fly is colored in rich razzleberry and island indigo inks and stamped with one of the Texture images from Touches of Texture.  The grateful sentiment comes from Endless Thanks (138796).  I made my bow from strands of a burlap ribbon I cut the edge off of and pulled the fibers apart.  The binding is stitched together with cajun craze baker's twine and a running stitch.                                                                                                

   
     


I love how these turned out and I hope my friends will too.  A very wise woman once told me to write down three things you are grateful for every day.  This journal is a great place to do that.  I hope you are inspired to creat one of your own.  Thanks for stopping by.  I'm grateful for all of you and my place to share a little creativity with you.


No comments: