Friday, September 30, 2016

The Light of Heaven Christmas Card

When I first saw the Star of Light (142110) stamp set and Starlight thinlets (141840).  I purchased the bundle (143508 which saves you 10%) in the 2016 holiday catalog, I knew I had to have it and it needed to be paired with a retired stamp set from the 2015 holiday catalog, All Ye Faithful.  The two seemed perfect for each other.  Although you can't get the nativity image I used any longer, you could use the nativity image from Joyful Nativity which can be found in the 2016-2017 annual catalog on page 35 (141565) and get similar results.  The base of my card is a standard A2 card size cut at 8 1/2" by 5 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4".  I used a piece of whisper white cardstock as the base layer cut at 5 x 3 3/4". To this I stamped the sun image from Kinda Eclectic (135350) in So Saffron ink.  I then stamped the star swirl image From the Star of Light in Versa Mark ink and embossed it with silver embossing powder (109131).  To this I added the star which was cut from gold glimmer paper (133719).  I then stamped the nativity on a piece of shimmery white cardstock (101910) with basic black archival ink and watercolored the image with an aqua painter (103954).  The shimmery white cardstock is a great alternative to watercolor paper when you don't need to put a lot of water on your paper.  It holds up much better than the whisper white cardstock and doesn't pill.  I stamped the sentiment from the Star of Light stamp set in Versa Mark ink and embossed with gold embossing powder (109129).  I love how this card turned out.  It is every bit as beautiful as I had initially imagined it would be.  I hope you think so as well.


Thanks for stopping by my blog.  I hope you are inspired to begin working on your Christmas cards or at least get some ideas for what you would like to do this year.  Please leave me a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts.  Take some time to stamp today.  Talk with you soon.

1 comment:

Tracy Grauer said...

This is such a beautiful card! Love it!