Thursday, January 20, 2022

Blessings of Home Happy Mom's Day card with watercolor pencils

 When I started today's project, I thought it was time to pull out some of my old favorites which I haven't used in quite a while.  I love my Stampin' Blends markers and I tend to use them exclusively when I'm coloring stamped images.  For this card, I decided it was time to pull out my watercolor pencil assortments and get to work coloring the image.  I do love the effect and ease that watercolor pencils provide.  In addition, you get a lot of different colors for a much lower price point than the alcohol markers.  So if you're looking for a fun coloring technique, these could be your new favorite.  To see how I colored and put this card together, you can watch my YouTube video here: https://youtu.be/ukK2hPyfgSk 


For the inside of my card I used the newly released Happy and Heartfelt stamp set from the Jan-June 2022 mini catalog.  It's stamped in Early Espresso and the heart is colored in melon mambo.  


Supplies and measurements:
Watercolor Pencils Assortment 1 and 2: Old Olive, Garden Green, Melon Mambo, Calypso Coral, Night of Navy, Crushed Curry, Daffodil Delight, Cajun Crze, Early Espresso.
Blender Pen (NOT Stampin' Blends)
Ink Pads:  Stazon Black ink pad, Early Espresso Classic Ink
Cardstock:
Early Espresso for base 5 1/2 x 8 1/2"
Melon Mambo for base layer 4 x 5 1/4"
Thick Basic White 3 1/5 x 5 (will cut the large flower shape out of this)
Basic White card stock for inside 3 5/8x 4 7/8"
Shimmery White cardstock for stamping and die cutting 5 1/2" x 6" approximately
Pattern Paper: Taste of Home Designer Series Paper 3 7/8 x 5 1/8"  
Honeybee Blooms dies (optional, I used for inside grass die cut but you could just as easily use a die from the Flowers of Home dies)
Blessings of Home bundle which includes Blessings of Home stamp set and Flowers of Home dies
Happy and Heartfelt Sentiments
Bumblebee Trinkets

1. Stamp the large flower image from Blessings of Home on Shimmery White cardstock with Stazon Black ink
2. Color with watercolor pencils and then use blender pen to smooth out the color.
3. Cut out with the matching die in Flowers of Home and also cut the same die out of Thick Basic White cardstock to use as a layering piece.  Add the Basic White piece to the back of the shimmery white colored large flower to add dimension without bulk.
4. Stamp Happy mom day in the lower right corner of the wood pattern paper in Early Espresso ink.
5. Add melon mambo layer to card base, then add wood pattern paper from In Good Tase DSP to melon mambo layer.  
6.  Add colored flower image in the center of the card at an angle.
7.  Add Bumblebee trinkets to finish off the front of the card.  
For the inside of the card: I put two sentiments together from the Happy and Heartfelt stamp set.  I love this stamp set so much!  I then cut two die cuts from shimmery white card stock (the grass piece from Honeybee Blooms dies and the flower from Flowers of Home dies) and colored those with my watercolor pencils in Old Olive, Garden Green and Calypso Coral and smoothed the color out with my blender pen.  Next, I added them in the lower right corner and my card was finished!  

I sincerely hope you have enjoyed this tutorial.  If you would like to purchase any supplies, click on the shopping cart in the upper right.  It will take you to my website where you can click shop now 24/7.  Please leave me a message, I'd love to hear from you.  Thanks for taking time from your busy day to spend it with me.  

Until next time; be happy, stay healthy and happy stamping!
Teresa

No comments: