Thursday, October 14, 2021

Frightfully Cute Swing Fold card

 Hello and welcome!  Today’s project features the Frightfully Cute bundle of products from Stampin’ Up!   I originally made this card as a mystery stamping project and had so much fun, I had to make another card during my Facebook Live at KnT Designs by Teresa on October 11, 2021.  Feel free to check out my FB video.  The replay is also posted on my YouTube channel at Teresa Harper KnTdesignsbyTeresa.  

For this card, you will need a card base in Highland Heather cut at 5 1/2 x 8 1/2”.  You will also need an additional piece of Highland Heather cut at 5 x 6 and scored on the 6” side at 2” and 4”.  You will need to accordion fold this piece.  Cut a piece of Designer Series Paper at 4 x 5 1/4 and adhere only around the outside edges to the card front.  Then I diecut the largest swoopy square from the Hippo dies from the front panel using my Stampin’ Cut and Emboss machine.  You will also need to cut this same die from the Black Glitter Paper.  Cut the next smaller swoopy square in Basic White, then using my blending brushes, I added Flirty Flamingo ink to the bottom of the white, Gorgeous Grape to the center and Misty Moonlight and Night of Navy ink to the top.  Using my Stamperatus, I stamped three bats and the witch from Frightfully Cute stamp set in Momento Tuxedo black ink and fussy cut out those images.  I then used the Stampin’ Cut and Emboss Machine to cut out the spider web and witches hat in black Glitter paper, the owl from Basic Grey and the tree from Basic black cardstock.  You will need two pieces of Basic White cardstock for the inside panels.  These are cut at 1 7/8” x 4 7/8”.  Stamp your sentiment and the cat image on one panel and stamp the spider image on the other.  Then add your diecut pieces to the panels.  Your card is now ready for assembly.  Add the highland heather scored cardstock to inside of the card base using a strong adhesive ( I used Tombow multipurpose liquid glue so I could slide it into place) only on the right side panel, ensuring an even border on the top, bottom and right side.  With the panel you just added in it’s accordion fold, close the card front.  Add adhesive to the right side of the diecut hole in the front panel, then slide your matching black glitter diecut into place.  Now you can decorate with the remaining pieces as show in the photos!  


Thank you for taking time from your busy day to stop by.  Please leave me a comment, I would love to hear from you.  If you would like to purchase any Stampin’ Up! Supplies, you can click on the shopping cart in the upper right corner, it will take you to my online store. Please join me for my Facebook Lives every Tuesday at 7:45 pm Pacific time where I usually make two projects.  

No comments: