Thursday, October 28, 2021

Easy Frightfully Cute Halloween treat bags

 It’s almost the end of October already can you believe it?  My how time seems to have flown by.  With that, it’s time to get busy and get the Halloween treat bags ready.  If you’re running out of time, these treat bags are fast and easy!  I made 48 treat bags for my grandkids’ classrooms in about two hours from design to completion.  They also require very little supplies.  I picked up the printed treat bags at Dollar Tree, but you could use plain ones.  These treat bags are 3.8 inches wide and have a ziplock type closure.  They came 30 to a package.

I started with a 12x 12” sheet of Basic White cardstock.  I scored it at 2, 6 and 10”, then cut into 4” squares.  You can get nine from one sheet of cardstock.  Next I grabbed my Stamperatus stamping tool and placed the moon image from Frightfully Cute on the bottom left of the 4” square below the score line.  I then picked the stamp up with the cover plate, inked in So Saffron and pressed the cover/stamp down on the cardstock.  I repeated with each square.  Next I flipped the cover plate over, placed the witch stamp on top of the moon, placed my sentiment to the right and picked those stamps up with the cover plate.  I then inked both stamps in Momento Tuxedo black ink and stamped onto the cardstock.  Repeating with a second inking when necessary.  I repeated this process for all 48 squares.  I was completely finished with the cutting and stamping in just under an hour and a half!  All that was left was to fold and burnish on the score lines.  I stacked them on top of each other as I folded each one, standing them up like a tent to save room on my desk.  Finally, each treat bag was filled, then the topper stapled to the bag.  


Supplies used:
12 x 12 Basic White cardstock
So Saffron ink pad
Momento Tuxedo Black ink pad 
Frightfully Cute stamp set
Stamperatus

Hope you enjoyed the project today and that if you have some last minute treats to make, this will help you out.  Thanks for stopping by my blog, please leave me a comment I’d love to hear what you have to say.  Should you need to purchase any Stampin’ Up! supplies, please click on the shopping cart in the upper right corner.  Until next time, happy stamping!
Teresa

1 comment:

Tracy Grauer said...

These are super cute, Teresa! I love that sentiment! And the treat bags are super cool! The kids will love them and the treats inside!