Saturday, June 13, 2020

Wildly Grateful Scrappy technique challenge card

Today’s card is one I made for Kylie  and Bruno Bertucci’s scrappy strip technique challenge.  I hope it inspires you to try this technique.  It’s supper simple.


For this particular card I cut a base for the strips in cinnamon cider at 3 3/4” x 5”.  I cut a piece of whisper white at 4 x 2 3/4”.  On the whisper white I stamped various images from the new Lovely You stamp set in the new in colors misty moonlight, bumblebee, just jade, magenta madness and cinnamon cider randomly all over the cardstock.  I then cut that piece into multiple strips of different angles along the portrait side.  I also cut 2-3 pieces of each of four of the five new in colors, excluding cinnamon cider.  Alternating the stamped and solid card stock pieces, I glued them to the cinnamon cider base leaving a then border between each strip.  After stamping the sentiment in misty moonlight, and adding the bumblebee flowers, I cut it out using the smallest label of that shape from Hippo and Friends dies.  I cut the next size larger label out in cinnamon cider and then cut the ribbon slots using the dies included with the die set.  The ribbon comes from Flowers For Every Season combo pack.  It started as whisper white and I colored it using the dark misty moonlight Stampin’ Blend.  The bow is also a piece of the same ribbon, this time cut in half to make a thinner bow.  After adding the ribbon to the scrappy strip base it was mounted to a thick whisper white card base over a mat layer of cinnamon cider Designer Series Paper which is included in the 2020-2022 in color 6x6 paper stack.

Thank you for stopping by my blog today, I really do appreciate you taking time from your busy day. If you would like to order any of these products, please click on the shopping cart in the upper right.  It will take you directly to my online store where you can shop 24/7.  I would love to earn your business.

Please leave me a comment, I love to read them.  Until next time, stay healthy, be happy and make it a great day.
Teresa

No comments: