Friday, March 6, 2020

Unique Lovely Lily Pad card

Today’s project was inspired by a video I watched (sorry, I can’t remember who).  It features the Sale-a-Bration free stamp set called Lovely Lily Pad (152288).  It can’t be purchased, but can only be earned for free with a $50 purchase.  In any case, she took the medium lily and stamped it in multiple directions to make a new unique flower.  I loved how it turned out and immediately had to try it out.  This card is the result.  I first diecut a piece of whisper white card stock using the Stitched So Sweetly dies (151690).  I then stamped the medium lily using Memento Tuxedo Black ink (north), then flipped the stamp upside down (south) and lined it up so the bottom was touching the bottom of the previously stamped image.  Next, I stamped the image on a piece of sticky note paper with two thicknesses, then fussy cut it out just inside the outline to form a mask.  I used these masks to place over the two images I stamped on my cardstock.  I then stamped the lily two more times in the openings to the east and west of the masks.  You will have stamped the image four times (north, south, east and west) to form the new flower image.  Very clever right?  I then repeated this process randomly to fill my diecut.  Using my stamping blends, I then colored the images.  The ink pads in the second photo are the colors of blends I used.  I mounted my focal image on a piece of basic black cardstock.  I cut a layer of Follow your Art Designer Series Paper (149489) for the base layer and tied a piece of the Polka Dot Tulle ribbon (146912) around the piece before mounting it to an A2 size card base in basic black.  I left it without a sentiment so I can add it later and use for any occasion.  This card is perfect for a birthday, anniversary, wedding, just because and even sympathy.



Stampin’ blends Used:  Lovely Lipstick light 147026, Rococo Rose combo 149572, Pineapple Punch combo 147280 and Mango Melody dark 147944.

I hope I’ve inspired you today to create something of your own.  Thank you for taking time from your busy day to stop by my blog.  Should you wish to purchase any of the supplies I’ve used, please click on the shopping card to the right.  It will take you directly to my online store where you can shop 24/7 for all your supplies.  Remember, through March 31, 2020 it is Sale-a-Bration where you can earn a free item with every $50 increment you spend.  I would love to earn your business.

Until next time, make it a great day and happy stamping.

No comments: