Friday, March 20, 2020

Happy Birthday To You In purple

Today’s project starts with a base of Whisper White cardstock.  To this, I stamped the splotchy image from the Painted Poppies stamp set (151599) around the outside of the card base in Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape and Purple Posy (stamp can be inked with the Stampin’ Write Marker if you don’t have the stamp set which is no longer available).  I cut the rectangle frame using the Heirlooms Frames and Dies (152325) in Gorgeous Grape.  I then used the coordinating embossing folder (which comes with the dies) to emboss the frame.  To the back of this I added a piece of Purple Posy cardstock.  I then stamped the birthday cake image from the Sale-a-Bration free Happy Birthday  To You stamp set onto Whisper White, twice.  I colored the first image completely and only the flowers on the second image using my blends in Highland Heather combo, Purple Posy combo, light Blackberry Bliss and light Call me Clover.  I first cut the fully colored cake image with the coordinating Birthday Dies (153590) which are only available until March 31, 2020, or while supplies last.  I fussy cut the centers of the flowers from the second image and added them on top of the complete cake image with mini glue dots.  I cut the bottom from the cake piece and added a die cut cake platter from the Birthday dies out of gold foil to the cake piece.  I added this entire piece to the front of my frame and tied a piece of purple tri-colored ribbon (149708) around the frame piece prior to adding to the card front.  I love how this turned out.  


I hope you’ve enjoyed my project today.  I truly appreciate you taking time from your busy day to spend with me.  If you would like to order any items, please click on the shopping cart to the right.  It will take you directly to my online store which is open 24/7.  I would be very grateful for your business.  Until next time, happy stamping and make it an amazing day!

No comments: