Monday, February 26, 2018

You've Got This with Brusho

I designed this card for a make-n-take for my last workshop.  The ladies had a lot of fun and each one was quite different.  This was my first card made using the new Brusho Crystal Colour (144101) which are available in the Occasions catalog. I first stamped the flower image with Versamark (102283) ink on a piece of watercolor paper (122959).  I then added copper embossing powder (141636) and heat set it with our heat tool (129053).  I added yellow Brusho crystals in the center, tapping lightly on the bottom of the canister.  Around that, I added gamboge or orange and then added red around the outside.  For the leaves, I first put yellow down and topped with moss green.  After putting down the crystals, I took my aqua painter (103594) and, starting in the center, added a little water and "painted" the colors cleaning my brush  as I went so as not to mix all the colors together.  For this technique, a very little water goes a long way and gives you a nice vibrant color.  I set this aside to dry.  After a few minutes, I used the lowest setting on my heat tool to set the color.  I then added a piece of copper trim ribbon to the bottom of the watercolor paper.  I tied a bow with the copper trim and used a glue dot to secure it to the ribbon across the bottom.  Any stray dry crystals can be blown away as the crystals require water to activate the color.

This piece was mounted to a piece of real read card stock.  I put a piece of wood texture designer series paper through my big shot (143263) with a new embossing folder which is only available for free for a limited time as part of the Blossoming Basket bundle (147505) through Sale-a-Bration which ends on March 31, 2018.  You can choose this bundle for free when placing an order of $100 or more.  Stampin' Up has let us know this embossing folder (which is called the Basket Weave Dynamic Textured Impressions embossing folder) will be available for purchase when the 2018-2019 catalog is released in June.  I added the basket weave embossed piece to a card base of Early Espresso.  I did not put a sentiment on this card so it can be used for any occasion I need a card for.  I think this card is very versatile and would be great for just about anything. 

Thanks for stopping by my blog today and taking some time from your busy day.  I hope you are inspired to try Brusho if you haven't already.  It was a lot of fun and I know the ladies in the class had a great time and were very pleased with their results and how easy it was to use. 

If you would like to order any of the supplies I used today, please click on the shopping cart to the right.  I'd love to earn your business.  Please leave me a comment, I'd like to know what you think or if you have any questions.  Happy stamping!

No comments: