Friday, September 23, 2016

Halloween Mummy Jar of Haunts treat holder

When I saw the mummy image in the Jar of Haunts (142247) stamp set, I just knew I had to turn it into a treat holder.  It turned out so cute.  I first stamped the mummy image twice on whisper white cardstock and cut out with the coordinating die from the Everyday Jar (141490) framelits.  I then used a little smoky slate ink with an aqua painter to very lightly distress the "cloth" to give it a little dimension.  I then inked up two hats from the Snow Place (139738) stamp set and cut them out with the coordinating snow friends(139664) framelits.  I used a 3" x 3 1/2 " piece of whisper white cardstock to form the treat holder.  It is scored on the 3" side at 1" and 2" and on the 3 1/2" side at 1" and 2 1/2".  Then adhered to the base of the mummy on the longer sides.  It will hold two Hershey nuggets.  I then tied a piece of Halloween Night Baker's Twine in the black and pumpkin pie to the brim of the top hat to close the top.  Google eyes were added to finish off his look.  I hope you like him.  This will be my make-n-take at an upcoming workshop.


Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to stop by.  Please leave me a comment.  I'd love to hear your thoughts.  Have a great day and happy stamping.

No comments: