Sunday, August 9, 2015

Happy Halloween Scene DSP challenge card

This card uses the new Happy Scenes stamp set by Stampin' Up and the coordinating Hearth and Home Thinlets dies.  You can purchase them in a bundle and save 15%.  Who wanted like that?  the focal image on this card features direct ink to paper utilizing sponge daubers.  I first stamped my image.  I colored the pumpkins and leaves with markers.  I then began sponging at the bottom, layering colors.  I started with Mossy Meadow, added Delightful Dijon, Crushed Curry, Tangelo Twist, Cajun Craze, Night of Navy, Island Indigo and Basic Black.  The stars were created using the Uni-ball Signo white gel pen.  I cut my window frame out of chocolate chip cardstock and added the focal image to the back.  I then used A piece of DSP from the Pretty Petals Designer Series Paper stack to look like wallpaper.  I added a piece of Into the Woods cotton ribbon (Rich Razzleberry) along the end of the DSP.  I then added the focal image to the card using stampin' dimensionals.  The spider web and the sentiment are all from the Happy Scenes stamp set.  I hope this card inspires you.  The stamps, dies and ribbon are sneak peaks from the upcoming holiday catalog available to customers on September 1, 2015.  If you would like to order, please use the shopping cart on the right hand side of this page.


No comments: