Monday, May 25, 2015

Cheerful Critter birthday Bokeh card

My first try at the bokeh technique and I am very happy with how it turned out!  So fun.  It did take a bit of time to get the background just how I wanted it, but I think it looks great.  I used the Cheerful Critters stamp set.  My friend calls it the I like your face stamp set as it has that sentiment within it.  It will not be available after June 2 so if you love it like I do, you should grab it before it's gone.  There are loads of sentiments that can fit on those little signs. The balloon stamp came from the May Paper Pumpkin kit.  Happy Birthday is stamped from a set called Crazy About You.  It is a very versatile set and allows you to put different words together for multiple  sentiments.  Balloon colors are watermelon wonder, cucumber crush and wild wasabi.  The bear's shirt is colored with Stampin' write markers in cucumber crush, wild wasabi and delightful Dijon.


 Here is a photo of the bokeh background itself.  I used cucumber crush, wild wasabi and mint macaron as my three background colors.  Then whisper white craft ink was put on with a sponge dauber and a circle template I made out of cardstock vellum and circle punches in various sizes.


The inside sentiment was stamped with a stamp from Lovely Amazing You.  It won't be around much longer and you should pick it up while you can.  The cardstock base is watermelon wonder cut at        5 1/2 x 4 1/4.


No comments: