Thursday, May 2, 2019

Tea Together thanks a bunch

For today's project, I combined  new stamp sets, Tea Together (148779) Beautiful Bouquet (143666) and Colorful Seasons (143726) with an older retired stamp set, Basket of Wishes.  In doing so, it shows the versatility of stamp sets and how they can be utilized to inspire you to bring out and dust off some of the sets you love.  Look around and see what sets you have that you could use for this same technique.  The sentiment and the black flower centers come from Beautiful Bouquet, the tea cup from Tea Together, the cherry blossom flowers from Colorful Seasons and the succulents from Basket of Wishes.  Look around and see what you have, then dust it off and get creating.  I started with the succulents on this card, then used a mask to mask them off prior to stamping the tea cup.  This gives the illusion that it's one stamp and the succulents are sitting inside the cup.  I then stamped the tea cup.  I stamped a tea cup onto a post it note then cut out of the center of tea cup to mask off the outside of tea cup to place my cherry blossoms and black flower centers on the cup and stay inside the cup image. I colored the handle, base of the tea cup and plate using my Stampin' Blends in light and dark flirty flamingo which can be purchased either separately or in a combo (147278).  I colored the succulents using the light and dark mint macaron blends (147283) along with the light flirty flamingo.  The focal panel was cut using a Rectangle Stitched framelit (148551) and mounted a panel of Wood Texture designer series paper (144177) which was also cut with the largest rectangle from the die set.  These were mounted on a card base of tranquil tide.  I love how this turned out. 

For the inside of this card, I stamped my sentiment in soft suede and the branch image is actually two stamps which make the cherry blossom branch.   All of these images come from Colorful Seasons. 

The photo below shows my mask for the inside of the tea cup, although this was a project I made for St. Patrick's Day.  But it gives you the same technique.
Thank you for taking some time from your busy day to visit my blog today.  I hope I've inspired you to do something creative.  If you would like to purchase any of the Stampin' Up! products I've used today, click on the shopping cart to the right.  It will take you directly to my online store where you can shop 24/7.

Please leave me a comment, I'd love to hear from you.  Until next time, make it a great day and happy stamping!
Teresa

No comments: