Monday, May 6, 2019

Golden Afternoon sympathy card

Today’s project features the Golden Afternoon stamp set (148772) along with a Stampin’ Blends watercolor wash technique.  I love how it turned out.  In order to achieve this effect, start with a ziplock gallon bag.  Place a piece of cardstock underneath the bag so you can see the general area you need to color. Then scribble different colors across the area being careful not to overlap your colors to prevent transferring the previous color onto the marker.  I used night of navy, flirty flamingo, pumpkin pie, mango melody, granny apple green and crumb cake Stampin’ Blends.  Once you have your colors on the bag, wet the bag with a spritzer (126185) filled with alcohol.  Then place a piece of glossy cardstock (144240) face down onto the wet bag to transfer the color to the cardstock.  Press and rub the back of the cardstock gently for a few seconds, then lift and set aside to dry.  Each card will be unique.  I then stamped the beautiful tree from Golden Afternoon and the birds in Stazon black ink (101406) using my Stamperatus (146276) to prevent slipping on the glossy cardstock as it can be a bit tricky to stamp on with the slick surface when you use a clear block.  In order for my sentiment to stand out a bit, I stamped it with Versamark ink (102283) and then added copper embossing powder (141636), then heat set the powder.  Be sure to use an embossing buddy (103083) beforehand to prevent stray embossing powder from sticking where you don’t want it.

To finish off this card, I mounted the focal panel on a piece of basic black and then onto a card base of mango melody.


I hope I’ve inspired you to try this technique.  Thanks for taking time from your busy day to stop by my blog.  Please leave me a comment, I would love to hear from you.  If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I’ve used today, please click on the shopping cart it will take you directly to my online store.

Hope you have a fabulous day and happy stamping.

No comments: