Monday, April 25, 2011

Paper Lace Mother's Day Card

I created these cards for the Peachy Keen Challenge #50 and as I needed to make my Mother's Day cards, I made sure they would fit the theme.  Hope you enjoy them.  Both cards are A2 size.  The sentiment stamp is a single stamp from SU called Mother of Mine and is only available until April 30.  The felt flowers, flower brad and paper are also from SU.  I used my EK Success daisy border punch.  The scalloped flower and shadow is cut from Paperlace at 3.8"  (as I used my Gypsy) and can be found on page 35 of the handbook.  I then layered the scallop circle punch (SU) and cut a flower from the same DSP paper as the base flower and popped it up with a dimensional.

To add some bling (and also to meet the the metallic twist of the challenge), I added silver metallic stickles in the center of each daisy.  I think it dresses it up nicely, although the photo doesn't do it justice.

 I needed more than one card and decided to alter the design just a bit for the second card.  For this card I used flower8 on page 37 of the handbook and cut it at 2.25".  Again I used a SU brad in the center of both flowers.  Both cards are edged with the Martha Stewart double loop border bunch and I placed coordinating DSP inside along the bottom of the card so it would show through for some added decoration and make the double loops pop.

 Again, I used stickles in the center of each flower, this time metallic gold as the silver just didn't seem to show up well.  Hope you find some inspiration for your Mother's Day cards.

3 comments:

comopark1886 said...

Both are beautiful. I love these flowers!
http://comopark1886.blogspot.com/

Minta's Creations said...

Your cards are so pretty!
Just became your newest follower..Would love it if you decided to follow my blog.
Minta
http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

Janice W. said...

Pretty cards! I love the flowers! Thanks for joining the PK challenge! Good luck!!