Sunday, April 24, 2011

Baseball Mitt Appreciation Card


Here is a quick card I made for Administrative Professional's Day for our male secretary.  He is very much into baseball so the Boys Will Be Boys cartridge inspired me to make this card.  I welded two shadow baseball mitts cut at 4.15" one on top of the other so the card opens from the bottom of the mitt.  These can be found on page 29 of the handbook.  I flipped the top mitt upside down prior to welding on my Gypsy.  I then cut the card base in black.  Next I cut the base of the mitt from color core-dinations pearlized cardstock in red.  Next I cut the shift base of the mitt in SU creamy caramel cardstock and ran it through my texture boutique with my square lattice folder for a little dimension.  Layer was cut from close to cocoa cardstock.  Next I went to the shift base of the bat and ball featured on page 39 of the handbook.  I cut the ball base at 4" so it would fit nicely into the mitt out of the same red cardstock as the mitt.  Next I cut the layer feature for the ball out of very vanilla cardstock and inked the edges with SU crumbcake ink.  Layered the two cuts together and popped them on top of the mitt with some dimensionals.  The outside sentiment is from SUs Teeny Tiny Wishes.  For the inside I cut another card using vanilla cardstock.  I cut the card apart at the weld so that when placed into the card and the card was closed, it will all lay nicely.  I then stamped the inside sentiment in Night of Navy ink with one of Emma's stamps from My Creative Time So grateful for you.  You can find the link here.  Thanks for looking. 


No comments: