Saturday, July 4, 2020

Time to celebrate treat boxes

Happy July 4th everyone!  Today’s project is a box inspired by Angie Pyjas of Stampingwithamore.  I slightly changed her measurements so the box would fit together more to my liking.  These will be going out to the employees of our local Winco store.  The finished box size is 3 x 1 3/4 x 1”.  I used whisper white, real red and misty moonlight cardstock along with the Designer Series Paper from the Boho Indigo product medley.  The sentiment comes from Itty Bitty Birthdays.



You will need a piece of whisper white cut at 5x5.  Score on the one side at 1” and 4”. Rotate clockwise score at 2” and 3”.  Burnish score lines then cut up the score lines on either side of the small squares to form tabs.  Place adhesive on the inside of two of the longer flaps on one end.  Fold the opposing sides in over your tabs, then fold the adhesive tabs up and secure to make the box.

Next you will need a piece of  real red card stock that is 8 1/8” x 3 1/8”.  Score on the landscape side at 2 1/32, 3 1/32, 5 1/16 and 6 1/16.  This piece will wrap around your box.   Dry fit your box by placing the box bottom into the 1” sections and wrap.  Then round the corners of the top flap.  You will need Designer Series Paper cut at 3/4 x 2 7/8 and another piece cut at 1 3/4 x 2 7/8 in landscape if a directional Paper.  Adhere to box to the wrap in the bottom 1” section.  I used liquid glue.  I the. Adhered then front and back to the box front and back to secure.  You do not have to do this step if you like the look of it hanging loose.  To secure the flap, I used a very thin Velcro adhesive dot.

To decorate, I stamped my sentiment in real red on whisper white and cut with the smallest scallop from the stitched so sweetly dies.  I added this to the second smallest scallop rectangle from the same die set.  This was added to the front.  I had some retired stars on hand to embellish and added some red rhinestones to finish it off.

I hope you’ve enjoyed my project today.  This box could be used for any occasion simply by changing the colors and sentiment.

Thank you for stopping by my blog today.  Please leave me a comment, I would be happy to hear from you.  If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I’ve used, you can click the shopping cart to the right.  It will take you directly to my online store where you can shop online 24/7.  I would love to earn your business if you do not currently have a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator.

Until next time, stay safe, be healthy and happy stamping.
Teresa

No comments: