Monday, August 5, 2019

Just a note black magic card

Sorry I’ve been a little lax in posting.  Life has been very busy with the grandkids on summer break.
Today’s project is one I created for a friend who is going through some pretty tough times dealing with a horrible case of breast cancer.  Just a little note to brighten her day.  It’s made using the black magic technique but a little more modern I guess you’d say.  I was inspired by a video I watched from Ruth Trice of Artful Inkin’. I first stamped on rich razzleberry cardstock sized at 5” x 3 3/4” my largest images in Versamark ink.  The stamp sets I used are Beautiful Bouquet, Floral Essence, Colorful Seasons, Flourishing Phrases (sentiment) and First Frost.  You can use any floral sets you have on hand to create this look simply by picking out a a couple of large images and filling in with smaller ones.  I then added white embossing powder.  I then, carefully, added my medium images being sure not to stamp over any embossing powder.  I heat set the embossing powder with my heat tool.  Finally I finished up by adding my leaves and the smallest images, added embossing powder and heat set those.  Once completely cooled, I began to color my images using Stampin’ Blends markers in old olive, pretty peacock, rich razzleberry, rococo rose, seaside spray, so saffron and mango melody.  I used both the light and dark markers.  I then set it aside to thoroughly dry.  I added by focal panel to a layer of seaside spray cardstock cut at 4x 5 1/4” and finally added to a thick whisper white card base 5 1/2” x 8 1/2” scored and folded at 4 1/4”.




For the inside of the card I used a quote which comes from the Rustic Retreat stamp set and the leaves are from Very Versailles.  Both are beautiful stamp sets and can be used for any occasion.  

I hope I’ve inspired you today to try this technique.  It does turn out really lovely.
Thanks for taking time from your busy day to stop by my blog.  It’s very much appreciated.  Should you wish to order any supplies and you are in the USA, simply click on my shopping cart and it will take you directly to my online store.  Until next time, make it a great day and happy stamping. 🤗

6 comments:

Tricia Butts said...

Lovely card design. You did a beautiful job coloring all the flowers. Love this color combination :)

Melinda Whittington said...

Gorgeous card Teresa, you did amazing today :-)

Vickie Kello said...

Fabulous job on the colouring. I love this card and a lot of work has gone into it. I am sure your friend will appreciate the card and it will brighten her day

Kylie Bertucci said...

This card is stunning Teresa and your friend will surely be encouraged. Thanks for being part of my international highlights this month! All the best with the voting.

Laura Buechler said...

Wow, I have never heard of this technique! Feeling inspired to give it a try! Hope your friend is on the mend soon. xo

Craft With Renee said...

Super cute card. I really love your design. Thank you so much for sharing.