Monday, March 26, 2018

We Must Celebrate diaper card

Isn't this baby shower invite or gift card just adorable!  I love how it turned out.  I got the instructions for cutting the card to look like a diaper from a video I found on YouTube by Melanie Muenchinger.  It's entitled How to make a Simple 3D Diaper Card-No template needed. 

I cut the Pool Party cardstock as instructed in the video by cutting the bottom left corner at approximately 2" from the bottom and roughly 1 3/4" from the left side on the diagonal.  Then using that cut piece on the right side as a template to make both sides even.  I then ran  the cut card base through the big shot with the Hexagons Dynamic Textured Impressions (143231) embossing folder.  I ran the cut corner pieces through separately making sure to put them in the folder the same direction as the card base to match the pattern.  The bunny, snail and mushrooms are stamped on whisper white card stock with Momento black ink and are from the stamp set We Must Celebrate (145898) which can be found in the 2018 Occasions catalog.  I colored them with my Stampin' Blends markers then fussy cut them out.  The tree stump is from Always and Forever (143814), but you could also use the tree stump from Hedgehugs (145879).  I stamped the tree stump, then cut the bottom off as I didn't want the whole stump, just the top of it.   I little bit of ribbon on each "fold" where the diaper pins would go and my card is finished. 

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you are inspired to go do something creative.  Please leave me a comment, I'd love to hear from you.

To purchase the items used on my card today, please click on the shopping cart to the right.  It will take you to my online store.  I'd love to earn your business.  All orders receive a hand stamped card from me as a thank you. 

No comments: