Friday, November 18, 2016

Ugly Christmas Sweater card

I was inspired to make this card from several posts on Pinterest.  I found the pin by Sue Parker of Sparkled stamps which showed how to cut the card to make the sweater.  I set about making my own version and this is the result.  I was very happy with how it turned out.  I hope you'll agree.



I used the Cable Knit Dynamic embossing folder on this one.  It's so awesome.  I thought it would be adorable to put the Santa face peeping out of the pocket.  The v-neck took a little working out as I used a the retired embossing folder called stylish stripes to make it.  It's a bit fiddle to get the stripes matched up and going opposite directions in order to make it pleasing to the eye, but it was worth the effort.

List of supplies:
Jolly Friends (Santa) stamps142112
Jar of Cheer stamps (tree) 142161
Cozy Critters stamp set (presents) 142214
Cherry Cobbler, Sweet Sugarplum, and Shimmery White cardstock
Whisper White thick cardstock for the base card
Gold Foil sheets (stars on tree) 132622
Confetti Stars border punch 135861
Blushing Bride, Garden Green, Mint Macaron, Smokey Slate, Sweet Sugarplum and Stazon black ink pads

Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my blog today.  I hope I have inspired you in some small way to make something of your own.  I'd love for you to leave me a comment.  If you need any of the supplies I've used to create this card, please click on the shopping cart and it will take you to my online store where you can purchase what you need.  Have a great day.

No comments: