Friday, November 25, 2016

A little Christmas train magic

The Christmas Magic (142119) stamp set was one of the sets I first noticed in the 2016 holiday catalog and knew I would need to have in my collection.  It has so many possibilities.  I created this card for my friend's husband and his children.  She passed away this July and I wanted to make a special card for them.  He is a huge train enthusiast and I know he will appreciate the thought.


I really enjoy coloring so this stamp set was definitely for me.  I find it to be very relaxing.  I remember as a child my mom and I spending time coloring, especially during the holidays.  It was always a fun time.  My brothers didn't have the patience to color, so I would often have a little time with mom to myself while they were off playing.  We still occasionally sit and color together when I go to visit.  The images are stamped on Shimmery White cardstock with Stazon black ink.  I colored the images with an aqua painter.  

Some of the colors used are:
Crumb Cake, Emerald Envy, Watermelon Wonder, Real Red, Crushed Curry, Dapper Denim, Mint Macaron, Sahara Sand, Smokey Slate and Soft Suede.  I used a Stampin' chalk marker for the snow around the trees and on the North Pole sign, then added clear Wink of Stella glitter pen on top of that.  For the silver area on the train, I used a retired Stampin' Dazzle silver pen.    The sentiment is from the same stamp set.  It was stamped inside the banner from Thoughtful Banners in Emerald Envy and punched out with the classic label punch (141491).

Thanks for stopping by my blog day.  I know everyone is busy and I am truly grateful for your time.  Please leave me a comment and if you need any supplies, you can order from my online store by clicking on the shopping cart.  Have a blessed day.

No comments: