Saturday, October 22, 2011

Screamie Halloween Witch Box


Here is cute box I made for my secret pal using the Wrap It Up Cricut cartridge.  I am very pleased at how it turned out.  I think she will love it!  The box is cut at 8" (I did a fit to page to see how big I could make it from a 12 x 12" piece of cardstock) in green.  I then used my Gypsy to cut the rest of the layers.  The adorable spider paper is from DCWV ghosts and goblins mat stack.  The little witch is cut at 3.10" so she will fit perfectly on top of the box cutout.  (There is a layer for the box, but it is only a single layer and I wanted to have all the layers for dimension.)  To cut her layers I used Cutmates paper for the black, yellow and pink colors.  I cut her purple layer from a sheet of KP Halloween Harlequin paper I picked up at my local stamp store the other day. 
 The box is shown here along with some pumpkin boxes I made from the Happy Hauntings cartridge.  I used Peachy Keen pumpkin face parts to make their adorable faces.  All sentiments are by MCT.  The stitched oval die on the witch box is also from MCT.
Here is a close up of the details on my witch.  I doodled some lines on the broom to give it a litte more detail.  I hope you enjoyed looking.  

For those of you who haven't heard of Cutmates paper, it is specifically designed to cut in diecutting machines (the Cricut).  I call it my butter paper, because the tiniest of details cut out "like butter" and you don't get all those tears like you get from a lot of other papers.  I discovered it while I was out shopping at the beach during our annual fall beach crop.  I picked it up at  Stacy's Scrapshack .

1 comment:

Amanda T said...

This is the cutest box, EVER! Great job. The colors are SO sweet!!