Saturday, October 15, 2011

Boo Pumpkin Card

I've created a Halloween pumpkin card for the Throwback Thursday Challenge from My Creative Time (MCT).  The challenge is to use an older cartridge which has a card feature.  The cartridge I chose to use is Stretch Your Imagination.  The card shapes are pretty traditional, but they have an added feature of a card frame to use with them.  I used my Gypsy to alter the card size to a traditional A2 size card.  By doing this, I was able to save a step and handcut my cardbase in orange.  I then used the pumpkin card frame on page 43 of the handbook, rotated it 90 degrees and used real dial size to make the height and width fit the A2 sizing of  4 1/4" x 5 1/2", which I cut in black.  To the top of the card I added a strip of  2010 DSP by SU cut at 1/2" by 5 1/4".  This is wrapped with twine from Trendy Twine in orange and black.  It was then mounted to my card base.  The pumpkins are from Peachy Keen stamps using Cottage Kutz Pumpkin Trio.  I used MCTs Build a Banner kit to stamp the background on the two smaller pumpkins of which I cut two.  I handcut the center of each of the smaller pumpkins apart so I could stamp the faces on them (these are included in the package) and then used Stampin' dimensionals to pop them up.

 Boo is from the Small Talk stamp set from MCT and is stamped on a tag cut  using the Build a Banner set from MCT. 
The back of my card is stamped from the Bonus stamp set I received and the most adorable little witches hat comes from All Around Halloween.  Both sets from MCT.  All paper used is from Stampin' Up.  I sure hope you enjoy looking.  I had a lot of fun creating!

4 comments:

teachermom5 said...

Wow, this turned out amazing. Great job with all of the extras. Love the pumkin faces too.

Kate said...

Aww this is such a cute card. Thank you for joining us over at Throwback Thursday Challenge. Good Luck.

Hugs,
Kate

Taylor said...

What a fun card!!!

Amanda T said...

How cute is this!? I love, love, love your pumpkins!! They are perfect.