Monday, February 7, 2011

Valentine bag toppers


I had so much fun this weekend preparing for Valentine's Day.  Here I made some candy bag toppers.  The bag topper is cut from a 4 x 4 inch piece of red cardstock which is folded in half.  I then added a 1 1/2"  x 4 "piece of pretty in pink printed paper with a strip of ribbon 3" long taped on the right side.  The ribbon is from Michael's.  The heart is cut from Simply Charmed  (page 30 in the handbook--I used the shift base and shift layer 2 feature) at 1 3/4".  Face stamp is from Sizzix.  A little chalk for the cheeks, white gel pen for the eyes and faux stitching.  Happy Valentine's Stamp is from SU's Teeny Tiny Wishes set.


This candy bar wrapper is cut from SUs pink piroutte cardstock at 5 1/4 x 5 1/4" .  I scored at 1 1/2, 1 3/4, 3 7/8 and 4 1/8 in order to make it wrap nicely.  Pattern paper is again from SU pretty in pink patterned paper cut at 1 /2 x 5 1/4".  I did make some other wrappers in which I used Core'dinations Scarlet Pearls cardstock.   Stamp is from SU For the Love of Chocolate.  These are made to fit a regular sized Hershey chocolate bar.


Hope these inspire you to make some lovely gifts for the Valentines in your life.



No comments: