Sunday, October 4, 2026

Throwback Merriest Trees meets Merry Mischief & hot foil

I had the idea for this card in my head but didn't have any current trees to make it come together.  The Merry Mischief bundle doesn't have trees because it has a giant mushroom house for the gnomes!  I love it so much; however, the mushroom wasn't what I was looking for in the moment.  I search my retired inventory and found the largest tree from Merriest Trees fit the idea perfectly.  It's whimsical and just the right size.  So, I grabbed it, added the gnome, then decorated with the Christmas Epoxy dots and I have to say, I love the way it turned out.  In case you hadn't noticed, there's a sneak peek of November Online Exclusives product on my card today.  I had to see if the new mulberry paper could be hot foiled, so I decided to give my Starry Night plate a try on the paper.  It worked so well!  I was actually quite surprised and I thought the fibers in the mulberry paper really add to the look of the night sky I was going for.  I created this project during a Thursday night live over on YouTube so you can head on over and watch the video tutorial by  clicking this direct link.




Supplies and measurements:
Magical Christmas hot foil dies 170592
Merry Mischief bundle* 168292
Merriest Trees bundle (sorry, retired)  I used for the tree, find what you have in your stash or consider
    Welcome Noel bundle* 168465 OR Twinkling Tidings bundle* 170587
Starry Night Hot foil die 170570
Reverse Hot foil die 170043 (if you have a hot foil system, this is a staple for the best use of your foil)
Secret Sea cardstock for card base 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
Basic White for stamping gnome & tree, inside layer 3 5/8" x 4 7/8"
SNEAK Peek item available November 3, 2026: Mulberry Specialty Paper 169737
    Secret Sea 5" x 6" hot foiled and cut to 4" x 5 1/4" & white 3 5/8" x 1" 
2 pieces Basic White cardstock 4" x 5" 
Ink Pads: black, Peaceful Pine, VersaMark, Real Red
Stampin' Blends markers: Dk Smoky Slate, Hydrangea Hue, Barely Blush, Peaceful Pine, Real Red, Golden Glow
Wink of Stella glitter brush 141897
Golden Glow glimmer brush 167662
gold foil 170066
silver opal foil 170554
Golden Glow bordered ribbon 167548

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope you liked my card today.  I sure had a fun time putting it together.  You will find all the supplies I used today (with a couple of exceptions as noted) in my online store by clicking on the shopping cart to the right or the links at the bottom of this post.  

Until next time; be happy, good health to you and happy stamping!
Teresa

*Purchasing bundles saves 10% over the individual piece prices when combined.  You must use the bundle item code for the 10% bundle discount.  When purchasing Last Chance items; be sure to check if the individual piece prices are discounted.  Individual piece prices may be less expensive if the discounts are deep enough.

Shop these links for the


No comments: