Saturday, February 3, 2024

Fun Fold Angle Cut Card with Detailed Dogwood & watercolor pencils

I have a new fun fold for you today, at least new to me.  I saw Ange McKay make a fun fold very similar to this yesterday, and had to try it.  Her card was a tri-fold card and I didn't want to use a whole sheet of cardstock, so I altered it for a bi-fold card that you can make two card bases from one sheet of cardstock. When I made my original sample, I colored my focal image with Stampin' Blends markers.  I was then inspired by Linda Dalke to try my hand at some water coloring with the watercolor pencils.  I've forgotten how much I love using them.   So for this card, I've colored my image with the watercolor pencils.  To see how I've put this card together, be sure to watch the video replay on YouTube.



Cutting template

Measurements and Supplies:
Detailed Dogwood stamp set (Level 2 SAB free item choice through February) 162953*
Deckled Circles dies 162286
Wonderful Thoughts Bundle 161494 (includes stamps 161899 & coordinating dies 161491) for sentiments
Softly Stippled DSP (Level 1 SAB free item choice through February) 162975*
    1 piece 4 x 5 1/4", 1 piece 2 1/8" x 5 1/8" (see cutting template or watch video)
Calypso Coral card stock for card base, 5 1/2" x 6 3/4"
Pebbled Patch cardstock, 4 x 5 1/4" & 2 1/4" x 5 1/4", additional for deckled circle, 8th smallest
Basic White thick cardstock for deckled circle (x2) 7th from smallest
Basic White scrap cardstock for sentiment
Iridescent Foil Gems,162842
Ink Pads: Stazon black, Pebbled Path, Pool Party
Mini Blending Brush
Watercolor Pencils, (161700 Assortment 1): Old Olive, Calypso Coral and Crushed Curry
Water Painters 151298

I hope you enjoyed this card and water coloring technique.  Until next time; be happy, stay healthy and happy stamping!
Teresa


*SAB Free choices, Level 1 with a $50 USD purchase, Level 2 with a $100 USD purchase (before tax and shipping).  Each $50 increment earns a free item, no limits to how many you can redeem.

No comments: