Friday, August 22, 2014

Work of Art Congrats Wedding Card

Work of Art meets August Paper Pumpkin in this card I created for  one of my daughter's best friends.  I used the congrats card front layer from August's Paper Pumpkin as a stencil to put on this card.  It's sponged in melon mambo on very vanilla cardstock.  I then used the swoosh from the Work of Art stamp set to stamp the background in me on mambo and marina mists.  I started by stamping off once to lighten the color and then stamping each one two more times without reinking.  I used the same technique for the background in the heart layer.  The heart was traced from the inside of the heart element also from the August Paper Pumkpkin.


I then cut out around the Paper Pumpkin element to make the heart frame to go over the top of the stamped image.  The smaller hearts are punched out of silver glimmer paper using the heart from the itty bitty accents punch pack.  I sponged on melon mambo ink to make the heart pink.  I love the way it turned out and every wedding card needs a little bling!


I carried over the theme on the inside of the card as well.  The sentiments are from a retired hostess set called Occassional Quotes, but you can use whatever you have on hand.   My base card is island indigo with the layered piece in melon mambo. I hope she likes it.

1 comment:

Tracy Grauer said...

I like what you did with the swoosh! Neat on the inside too! Such a talented lady you are.